Membership of The Great Dane Club offers many benefits:
Starting February 2015 an annual newsletter will be sent by email featuring Club Show results, latest news and views of Great Dane interest. Information and admission to the Club’s Annual General Meeting at which you will be able to have an input on Club matters.
Membership will entitle you to reduced entry fees for our three annual shows of which you will automatically receive the schedule.
Single membership £8.00 (£32.00 for 5 years). Joint membership (two members) £9.00 (£36.00 for 5 years). Additional members of the same family £1.00. Overseas membership £10.00. Life membership (Single) £75.00. Life membership (Joint) £90.00.
These are renewable on 01st January each year. The club also offers Standing Order Payments for member convenience.
The Great Dane Club
GENERAL CODE OF ETHICS
All members of The Great Dane Club undertake to abide by its general Code of Ethics.
1. Will properly house, feed, water and exercise all dogs under their care and arrange for appropriate veterinary attention if and when required.
2. Will agree without reservation that any veterinary surgeon performing an operation on any of their dogs which alters the natural conformation of the animal, or who carries out a caesarean section on a bitch, may report such operation to the Kennel Club.
3. Will agree that no healthy puppy will be culled. Puppies which may not conform to the Breed Standard should be placed in suitable homes.
4. Will abide by all aspects of the Animal Welfare Act.
5. Will not create demand for, nor supply, puppies that have been docked illegally.
6. Will agree not to breed from a dog or bitch which could be in any way harmful to the dog or to the breed.
7. Will not allow any of their dogs to roam at large or to cause a nuisance to neighbours or those carrying out official duties.
8. Will ensure that their dogs wear properly tagged collars and will be kept leashed or under effective control when away from home.
9. Will clean up after their dogs in public places or anywhere their dogs are being exhibited.
10. Will only sell dogs where there is a reasonable expectation of a happy and healthy life and will help with the re-homing of a dog if the initial circumstances change.
11. Will supply written details of all dietary requirements and give guidance concerning responsible ownership when placing dogs in a new home.
12. Will ensure that all relevant Kennel Club documents are provided to the new owner when selling or transferring a dog, and will agree, in writing, to forward any relevant documents at the earliest opportunity, if not immediately available.
13. Will not sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet dealers or directly or indirectly allow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a competition of any kind. Will not sell by sale or auction Kennel Club registration certificates as stand alone items (not accompanying a dog).
14. Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed nor falsely advertise dogs nor mislead any person regarding the health or quality of a dog.
15. That the following age parameters regarding the breeding of Great Dane bitches should be adhered to:
A bitch should not be mated before the age of two years or after the age of seven years. There should be at least 12 months between litters and a bitch should only produce two litters in any 24 month period.
16. Breach of these provisions may result in expulsion from club membership, and/or disciplinary action by the Kennel Club and/or reporting to the relevant authorities for legal action, as appropriate.
17. Fee paying Members should not use the fact of their membership for Advertising or Publicity purposes for financial gain.
KC/GJ September 2008